Working mainly in Acrylics, my creations are primarily Abstract, Surreal, or Impressionistic. I’ve found inspiration in many places, from philosophy and faith, to nature, my friends and family, and my cats. In addition to painting, I also occasionally work with other mediums, such as woodwork, glass, or metal.
I began painting in 2001, with thanks to two very close friends: Athena, whose paintings encouraged me to first pick up the brush and pallette, and Lezley, who has provided me with invaluable support, instruction, and critique.
Among the artists who have influenced me, or whose work I admire are: Dali, Giger, Goya, Monet, Van Gogh.
To view any picture in full size along with its details, just click the thumbnail.
- Shows & Exhibitions
- August – September, 2005: Subject To Change, 3-artist show, Beaux-Arts Brampton
- October 2004 – October 2005: Queen’s Park, Toronto; Office of Linda Jeffrey, MPP.
- August, 2004: Solo – Brampton Farmers’ Market, One day Display and Demonstration
- June 2004: Human Animal Bond Juried Show, Beax-Arts Brampton
- January – June 2004: Queen’s Park, Toronto; Office of Linda Jeffrey, MPP.
- April 2004: 2nd Anniversary Show, Beaux-Arts Brampton
- November 2003: Charity Art Auction for the YMCA Community Fund
- April 2003: 1st Anniversary Show, Beaux-Arts Brampton
- February 2003: Bursting Out Show, Beaux-Arts Brampton
- Continuing Education / Other
- 2003 Acrylics Workshop (by Golden)
- 2003 Acrylics Course (at Currys)
- 2001 Pewter Casting in Soapstone Workshop (by Darrell Markewitz)
- 1991 & 1992 Glassblowing (night school at Sheridan College)
- 1990 Photography & Videography (correspondence – NRI/McGraw-Hill)
- Scarborough Board of Education
- 1988 School Yearbook Photographer
- 1986 to 1988 Photography Club
- 1984 to 1988 Visual Arts Theory, Comprehensive, Balanced
- 1983 Art Camp: photography and drawing
- 1982 Art Camp: sculpture and drawing