My Next Project

Posted 2011.05.27 23.32 in Computers/Internet/Technology

1. jake says:

May i ask if your a programer ..Any who thats very nice work!

Hello Jake, thanks for the comment!

Yes I am a programmer. Playing around with microcontrollers and electronics is just a hobby though.

1. jake says:

Your Welcome! Very cool ya i thought you were a programer. Are you into linux more or windows as a desktop os user?im making my way over to linux more now..Bye the way my grand day was a long time hamradio guy may be you to have talked to himm be for befor..

Hi Jake,

Actually I use a Mac for my desktop system, I’ve been very happy with the Mac OS since they switched it to a Unix base. I do run Linux on my laptop, and I run a handful of Linux servers at work.

1. jake says:

Im a desktop guy my self omg your a mac lover so is my brothers friend i have never use a mac but one time for a few mins what i still dont know what the up side is to owning a nice mac i for get what they use befor unix any way sorry for my long replay lol im a bit of a chater myself one thing you run linux severs at your job nice im sure you know why to run unix to a? ps may i ask if you dont like PCs?

2. Martin says:

Hi Stephanie,

Was looking at your thermo sketch to see if I could incorporate parts of it to be able to set hi/low values for the tank sensor and hi/low values for the LED heatsink into my aquarium controller i’m working on but got completely lost.Kudos on yours though.

Hello Martin,

There’s some convoluted stuff in mine because I kept running out of memory in the ATMega328 – the program temperatures are saved in the EEPROM memory, in a bit of a ‘grid’ with the set-time and set-temperature.

You could just set your desired min/max numbers as a static variable and then it is simply a matter of comparing the sensor readings to those values.

Good luck on your project!