So, I think I’ve just about finished up with the site overhaul. For now, at least.
When I started, the theme was all dark with lots of heavy borders and all. I had created the theme based on radiograms being stuck to a bulletin-board. It was almost entirely monochrome, dark, and monospaced.
And there were 66 static pages, a carry-over from when this was more of a ‘site’ than a ‘blog’. That was a mess of pages when it came to any updates, and navigation was crazy. There were 4 layers of child-pages, in some cases. Categories, sub-categories, sub-sub-categories, and sub-sub-sub-categories.
Now, the new theme is a lot more light and airey, and there’s very few lines. What lines there are, are thin.
And I’ve managed to cut the static pages down to 19. It’s more than I wanted, and admittedly there’s no way to get to some of them without the Site Map page. But I felt I had to hang on to a few of them, at least for now.
The iPhone pages have to stay because I have a few entries in the App Store and need to have a place for people to go for ‘support’ etc. However, I’m looking to move my IOS apps and support to a different domain so they won’t be in my ‘personal’ stuff any more.
The ham radio pages were pruned and consolidated a bit. Although I haven’t been an active ham for quite a while, I’m not ready to bump them off into the archives just yet.
The other static pages may continue to exist as-is, or might get archived at some point. As always, if you can’t find it, try the search box on the right.